Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blueberries, BBQ Sauce and Ribs


Who doesn’t love BBQ Ribs?   They are a staple at my house.  Everyone likes them.   We make them throughout the year by baking them low and slow in the oven.   I purchased a jar of liquid smoke a few years ago and I sprinkle a little of that on before dry rubbing the ribs.  Set them aside and let that marinate for a couple hours before baking them off in the oven, uncovered, at 300 degrees, basting them with BBQ sauce the last fifteen minutes of their cooking. They come out perfectly cooked, tender and juicy every time.

 
Did you know there are differences between spare ribs, baby backs, country ribs, and St. Louis cut ribs?   We have tried them all and but we prefer the extra meatiness to the St. Louis cut. 


Today, I made my own BBQ sauce to use up some of the 11 pounds of blueberries that I picked yesterday.    We really liked it.  

 
Try something a little different for your next batch of ribs, pulled pork, or chicken. I promise you won’t be disappointed with Blueberry Jack Daniels Barbeque Sauce .  You should serve them at your next tailgate, picnic or dinner.  Your family, friends and guests will be happy you did!
 
 


Ingredients:
¼ cup chili sauce
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
¼ of a large white onion, diced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pint fresh blueberries
14 shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or one diced jalapeno (seeds removed or not)
5-6 shakes of garlic powder
2-3 ounces Jack Daniels or other Bourbon (hold the bottle upside down and give it a solid 3 Mississippi count)
 
Directions:
Combine all ingredients except onion and blueberries, in a sauce pot and heat uncovered over low heat.  Either chop onion or blueberries by hand or place in food processor and chop until fine.  Add blueberries and onions to the pot while stirring.  Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about an hour.  Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool.   Slather sauce over your favorite BBQ creation and enjoy! Leftovers must be stored in the refrigerator.
 
Notes/Swaps
I doubled this recipe.  I used some to baste the St. Louis ribs, but I am going to keep the rest in a mason jar in the fridge.     Blueberries go really well with pork.   We can’t wait to try it with grilled chicken or beef.  

If you make enough extra, you can put it in pretty jar and give it as a gift.      




For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment