- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On large cookie sheet cook bacon in single layer until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, set aside and reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Put bacon drippings into sauté pan along with sliced onions, sauté onion until it has softened and becomes translucent. Add brown sugar, continue cooking on low heat until onion is tender and golden brown and almost becomes sticky. Set aside
- Lay each breast halve onto cutting sheet. Cover the chicken halve with your left hand and using your right hand cut the breast into two thinner pieces (or pound each half down with a mallet and cut into two pieces).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. Press in flour, dip in egg and then pat in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat is golden brown on both sides. Remove to paper towel lined baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. I cook one or two in the pan at a time. When the oil gets hinkey I dump it out, wipe the pan and use fresh oil to cook the next batch. Continue cooking until all pieces are ready to be finished.
- Place chicken into oven proof dish. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with the two types of shredded cheese. Then place bacon strips (or crumble bacon) onto each piece; Place in the oven and cook just until cheese is melted.
- While the chicken is in the oven, mix parmesan, nutmeg, pepper and tablespoon of flour in small saucepan. Stir in whipping cream. Place pan on low heat and stir constantly until melted.
- When everything is ready to plate, place a large spoonful of Alfredo sauce on bottom of dish. Add a mounded spoonful of mashed potatoes, lay chicken on top of potatoes and sauce, top with caramelized onions. Add Brussels sprouts to dish.
Join me on Google+