Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, June 16, 2019

St. Joseph's Bread

This lovely recipe was one I found in my mother-in-laws recipe box.   It is a nice simple dough that comes together quickly and easily.    With my kitchen aid mixer and dough hook it didn't take long at all. When baked it has a nice brown and delectable texture on the outside while the inside is light and airy. 



The history of this recipe comes from the Italian heritage where like many of their holidays and celebrations has it's own menu of which contains a specific bread.   The Patron St. Joseph is celebrated each year on his own special day of March 19th also known as St. Joseph's Day.

This dough is also very versatile.  Some recipes I have seen contain anise seeds, dried fruits, and honey.  Other recipes add uncooked colored eggs tucked into the braids to make wonderful Easter breads.   This dough is very pliable and therefore you can use it to make a variety of shapes and loaves.  While the traditional loaf is braided in either 3 or 5 strands.  You can search Google or Pinterest to learn many other shapes and forms to make your loaves artistic and unique.


Although this bread is named for a special occasion, it is a great bread to make year round.   Feel free to try it out and let me know what  you think.  

Click on photo to open photo. Once open right click to save to your computer for printing later.



For more recipes click the button above




https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment