Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, June 16, 2019

My Easy Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake frosted with Boiled Frosting

My husbands all time favorite cake is my Chocolate Mayo Cake made from a cake mix.  Yes you read that right.   The mayo makes the cake very moist and delicious.    My other secret is to add a couple teaspoons of instant coffee to bring out the chocolate flavor. 

Yes, you can make it from scratch but I have found a few short cuts from back in the day when I worked a 40 hour week and needed some schort cuts.   This one has remained, although it has turned out badly twice, both funny stories.    Once my husband tried to make it by measuring with a batter bowl as a measuring cup and added way to much water.   The second time my husband was making brownies and I thought he was making a cake and I told him the ingredients to add for the cake mix.  It doesn't work with a brownie mix.  Ha,ha,ha.   Lessons learned.



This time I frosted it with boiled frosting and torched the top for a dramatic look.   Recipes for both the cake and frosting are below.     This cake however, lends itself to many different frostings.  I have done peanut butter frosting, Chocolate butter cream, Ganache, and a few others.   I have to say after having it with the boiled frosting it is by far my favorite.  It is like eating an over sized old fashioned whoopie pie. If  you skipped putting the boiled frosting on the top layer and poured ganache over it instead you would have Ding Dong Cake.   I think that is what I will try next. Hope  you give it try.

Click on photo to open, right click to save as, save to place of your liking for printing later.


  



For more recipes click the button above




https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 










No comments:

Post a Comment