Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Old Fashioned TV Dinner Made From Scratch

Who doesn’t remember sitting in front of the TV or at the dinner table with a Frozen TV Dinner?   Salisbury Steak was never my favorite.   I liked the meatloaf with peas, carrots and mashed potatoes.   However, as I have grown, so has my affection for Salisbury steak and Gravy made from scratch.  

You can make it all from scratch as I have done many of times or you can take a few shortcuts as shown in this recipe.    You still get the entire flavor profile and the memories that come with it of sitting and eating a TV dinner kicked up several notches.    Plus it is a lot quicker.   I promise you won’t be disappointed and you will keep this recipe handy for future use.   

Quick Salisbury Steak

1 ½ lbs. ground beef
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 egg
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg. fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1 Large Jar of Heinz Gravy Savory Beef
1-2 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master

Combine ground beef, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, black pepper, egg and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.  This mixture is kind of moist but so worth it in the end.  Divide into equal portions of your liking and shape each into a 1 inch thick oval patty.

Coat a skillet with cooking oil and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.

Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook until browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes.  Turn them over and cook another three minutes.   Add the Gravy Master to the pan and stir.  Stir in the jar of Gravy and mix.  Add the burgers back into the pan.  Cook over low heat until all is mixed together and heated through.   (I did not add salt nor onions due to the fact that those ingredients are prevalent in the Lipton Soup Mix).   

Serve over mashed potato or rice.  
Notes and Swaps
·         You can swap out the Lipton Onion Soup for a small sliced and sautéed onion and some salt.
·         You can make your own gravy from scratch using the drippings from the burgers and a can of beef broth and cornstarch.
 
Bonus Tip
Boil 2-3 potatoes  and mash them with 1/2 cup real mayonnaise. Once mayo is mixed in add 1 tbsp. butter, salt and pepper and mix until combined.   Serve with your favorite meat and gravy.    No runny potatoes, no lumps, no gumminess ever. They will be the best mashed potatoes you have ever had.





For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment