Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Monday, August 19, 2013

Not your usual Stuffed Peppers


I love stuffed peppers.   So did the rest of my family until recently.   Somehow, the pepper part just doesn’t agree with my husband anymore.    So, when I make stuffed peppers these days, I usually make half of them as stuffed squash.  They are still delicious, but the squash doesn’t tend to come back as a repeat for my husband.   
 
 

Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash (or Peppers)

1 ½ lbs. hamburger
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup milk, water, or chicken broth (pick one)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
3-4 small zucchini or yellow squash, halved and seeded
1 large can of tomato soup
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese


Preheat oven to 400°

Place hamburger in mixing bowl with eggs, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, liquid of your choice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.   Mix until evenly combined.

Cut squash in half and remove seeds.    Fill with meatball mixture and place in ovenproof dish.   Once you have filled all the squash halves, you then pour in one can of chicken broth and can of tomato soup.  

Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes on 400°.   When timer goes off, reduce heat to 350° and cook an additional 45 minutes.   Remove from oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Return to oven and bake an additional ½ hour.   Serve with rice and store all leftovers in the frig.


Notes and Swaps

·         You can swap out the squash with large peppers.

·         You can serve with rice to use up the extra sauce

·         You can fill squash with your favorite meatball, meatloaf or meat and rice mixture.

·         Sometimes when I make the squash I add a sliced onion and pepper with the soup before baking.

·         Have big squash, cut it crosswise in chunks, scoop out the middle and fill with meat.

·         Try adding some sweet corn or black beans to your meat mixture.

 
 


For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 

 
Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment