Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crowd Pleasing One Pot Meal

This is another delicious recipe from my mother-in-law.  It is an Old Italian peasant dish that can feed just a couple of people or a whole crowd by using some pretty standard staple ingredients from the kitchen.  I added some extra flavor layers by sprinkling on fresh or dried herbs.  I know you will like it if you try it.  

This recipe will be for 6 by you can adjust it by adding more or taking away for the number of guests at your table.  In this case, leftovers aren't a bad thing.
 

Chicken, Sausage and Potatoes
6 medium-large Potatoes (you can either leave the skins on or peel them)
1 can chicken broth
1 large onion, sliced
4 chicken thighs
1 link of your favorite sausage, cut into 5 inch lengths
2 cloves of garlic chopped
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Rosemary
Thyme
Poultry Seasoning
Ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Drizzle oil in bottom of oven proof casserole dish.  Wash, peel and cut potatoes into quarters (you can leave the skin on).  Place in a single layer in bottom of the dish.   Add sliced onions and garlic.   Sprinkle with spices.   Layer the chicken onto the potatoes skin side up.   Place sausages between chicken pieces on top of potatoes.  Again sprinkle with your favorite spices.   Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and ketchup.  Pour chicken broth in making sure you have enough to cover the bottom of the dish.  Cover with aluminum foil.  Bake for 45-50 minutes covered.  Remove cover and cook an additional 20-25 minutes, This will help to brown and crisp the chicken skin.  



Notes and Swaps

·         My mother-in-law always used a whole cut up chicken, but I find the thighs work really well in this dish and they cook more evenly.

·         Yes, you need to do the ketchup drizzle.  Believe me when I tell you it won’t taste at all like ketchup by the time you are done.

·         I leave the onions large enough people can pick them out if they don’t want them.

·         We prefer Dino’s sausage at our house but you use what you prefer.







For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment