Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Can Can of Minestrone

This recipe came from my husbands side of the family.   The original recipe started with dried northern beans.  When the recipe was first given to me, I was told I had to prick each dried bean with a pin so that it would absorb the water better.   Of course this made the recipe less appealing.   I made several times the old fashioned way by soaking the beans and it turned out as yummy as the first time I tried it.   The next few times I made it I replaced the dried beans with canned northern beans  and replaced the water with chicken stock and it is still delicious and oh so easy to make.


 

The next time you are shopping at one of the Can sales in the grocery store, remember to try this recipe.  As you can see it calls for 6 cans of vegetables.


Click on recipe to open in a new window.  Right click to save to your computer. 




There are many types of Minestrone; this one is my favorite because adding the butter at the end enhances the flavors of the beans and other vegetables.   

Yes you can make this with fresh vegetables, but honestly why would you when it tastes so good this way.



Follow me on Facebook











Or find me on Pinterest











Click this image to subscribe











Join me on Google+











From the bottom of my heart..............




No comments:

Post a Comment