Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Monday, May 13, 2013

Antoher Lazy Cook's Recipe


Who doesn’t love lasagna?   I never particularly cared for it growing up.  My mom always used cottage cheese in her recipe and it grossed me out.   My mother-in-law always used a ricotta filling, which I liked a lot better.  When I got married, I sort of married the two recipes and came up with my own version.  Oh yea, I also made a simple version for someone who doesn’t want to spend all that time layering noodles. 

 


Lazy Lasagna
1 lb. your favorite pasta, cooked and drained

Sauce
½ lb. 85 % hamburger
½ lb. sweet Italian sausage
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
2 cans your favorite tomato sauce
1 pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese

Lasagna Filling
2 lb. Ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 cup parmesan cheese
Mix ingredients together, use for cheese layer in lasagna. Also use for filling in manicotti or stuffed shells. 

Start by making the sauce.   In sauce a pan cook off hamburger in loose form.  Drain off extra fat if needed, set aside.   Next, do the same with the sausage, drain off extra fat if needed, set aside.  

In sauce pan add two tablespoons of olive oil.  Sauté onion and garlic just until onion is translucent.  Add the hamburger and sausage back into the pan.  Add the two cans of sauce, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil.  Cook for 30 minutes on low to medium heat.  

Preheat oven to 350°.  

In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook your favorite pasta, just until al dente and drain.   

While the pasta is cooking mix the filling in an appropriate sized bowl and set aside.

Place pasta in a large bowl and mix with just enough sauce to coat the pasta.

Spray the bottom and sides of a large oven proof dish. Layer half of the pasta in the bottom of the ovenproof dish.  Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese. Next, add a layer on the lasagna filling spreading as evenly as possible. Then top that layer with the remaining pasta, another sprinkling of the parmesan and finally topping with the mozzarella cheese.  

Cover with wax paper and a layer of aluminum foil.  Bake in over for 30-45 minutes.  Removing both the wax and aluminum foil for the last 10-15 minutes.  
 
 

Notes/swaps

·         I like to use smaller pastas like, penne, elbows or even rigatoni.
·         I always set the table with some extra sauce.





For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment