Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blueberry Dutch Baby for Breakfast

Used my good old cast  iron skillet to make this particular Dutch Baby.

My mom always had one or two cast iron pans that she used, so it was a given that when I got married, I asked for a few of my own cast iron pans.  My favorite was a pancake griddle.   Nothing like making pancakes or grilled cheese on a griddle, the end result is always something crisp and golden brown. I  also have a full set of fry pans and a Dutch oven.    Life can't get any better. 

I love to research recipes.  I start by finding several recipe's for the same thing. I make them individually and decide which one it is that turned out the best.  Sometimes I even tweak them a little.   Dutch Babies naturally peeked my interest for a couple of reasons.  One they look like a dessert and two they are made with eggs and fruit.    

Basic Dutch Baby Recipe (makes 2 servings)
Ingredients: 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. white sugar
1/8 tsp., salt
pinch of cinnamon
2-3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Directions:

Place shelf in the lower third of the oven. Preheat two 6-inch cast iron
skillets at 425F (or double the recipe and use a 12-inch skillet).  If you don't
have a cast iron pan by all means you can use any oven proof dish.
  1. Stir together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon) in a medium
    bowl.
  2. Whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, milk, vanilla) in a measuring cup.
  3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend (I use a stick blender)
    until no dry pockets remain.
  4. Split the butter between the preheated skillets, and let melt for ~1 minute
    in the oven. Swirl the skillets to distribute butter.
  5. Pour half of the batter into each skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch
    through the oven door as the pancakes puff up majestically!
  6. Remove skillets from oven, transfer pancakes to plates, and serve
    immediately, sprinkled with powdered sugar and your favorite fruit topping,
    topped off with a dollop of whip cream.
Please enjoy this link to other recipes using cast iron pans:
 http://www.lodgemfg.com/indoor-recipes.asp








For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment