Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Honey Baklava and Its Many Uses

I was introduced to Baklava shortly after meeting my husband.  At many family gatherings his Aunt would bring Lebanese dishes and Baklava was one of them.  She brought large trays to family picnics, baby showers, bridal showers, weddings and other events.  I never asked for the recipe because like everyone else it looks complicated.   

Years later I was discussing some of our family favorite Lebanese dishes with a friend and coworker.  She offered to teach me the secrets of Baklava. Swearing that it wasn't all that complicated. We set up a date and time.  She came to my house with the ingredients and we made an evening of hands on Baklava making.   I was astounded at how easy it was to turn so few ingredients into such a delicious complicated treat adored by many.

Here is years later and have learned a few tricks and swaps to use when making or using Baklava. 

Save some Baklava to make Parfaits by making layers of Soft serve Vanilla Ice Cream, Baklava and Whipped Cream.   Or a mixture of Rice Pudding, Baklava and Whipped Cream.  Or a mixture of  Baklava, Rice Pudding, Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream.  


Mix Baklava crumbles into soft serve and let harden in the freezer for a treat of Baklava Hard Ice Cream.  


Make an ice cream sundae of your choice and top with Crumbled Baklava. 

Top your cheesecake with crumbled Baklava.  


I have also used Baklava crumbles in my shortbread cookies.   Mix them into the dough, form a log using saran wrap.   Freeze for 15 minutes and then slice and bake. 


Here's the recipe......



Click on each photo above to open recipe.  Once photo is open right click to save recipe to place of your liking.  



For more recipes click the button above





https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers









From the bottom of my heart.............. 

















  


No comments:

Post a Comment