Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Pasta e Fagioli, Pasta Fagioli , Pasta Fazool, Pasta Fasul, or Pasta and Beans


Pasta e fagioli, meaning "pasta and beans", is a traditional Italian soup. Like many other Italian favorites, it started as a peasant dish, being composed of inexpensive ingredients. It is often called pasta fasul in the United States, derived from its Neapolitan name, pasta e fasule.


One of my father-in-laws favorite dishes (he loves most pasta dishes). This recipe was in my mother-in-laws recipe box. Most people who talk about pasta and beans say there is no meat in a real italian recipe. To that I say, it is a recipe, recipes are made for experimentation. So yes, I add sweet sausage to my Pasta e fagioli. Give it a try you might like it.

Pasta and Beans topped with Parmesan




Get the recipe here...............



Click on recipe to open photo. Right click on photo to save recipe to your computer for printing later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment