Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Monday, October 27, 2014

Roasting Pumpkin Seeds

I don’t remember a Halloween without having pumpkin seeds. Whenever we carved our pumpkins we, always saved the seeds to bake them in the oven. As a child the only problem was, they never tasted like the store bought ones. Now that I am older I am so glad they don’t. They are so much better for you without all that extra added salt. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, magnesium, copper and zinc. Like all good things they should be eaten in moderation.




Once cleaned and ready to roast the flavor combinations are endless: Chocolate, Vanilla Nutmeg, Maple, Pumpkin Pie, Cinnamon, Honey Roasted, Traditional, Jalapeno, Chili Lime, Ranch, etc. When they are baked off and prepared to eat, you can then turn them into Pumpkin Brittle, granola, add them to chocolate or use them as a garnish on salads or homemade breads.

The worst part of making pumpkin seeds is making sure they are cleaned well. But they are well worth the work.

Open the photo below to save the recipe.
Click on photo to open photo. Once open right click to save to your computer for printing later.



For more recipes, click the button below: 





Follow me on Facebook


Or find me on Pinterest




Click this image to subscribe
Join me on Google+





From the bottom of my heart.............. 

No comments:

Post a Comment