Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hawaiian Chops

Want to try something new and different.  This is the recipe you'll want to try and then make it over and over again. It is also a great recipe for a crowd, but you can cut it down for just two if you like.  I came across this recipe for Hawaiian Pork Chops by Bill Magers, Jackson Fire Department Retired on this website: Twirl and Taste

I am always looking for new things to try and Pork Chops is my husbands favorite meat these days.   Of course I have made some changes to the recipe, the most prevalent change is adding the garlic, shallots and peppers.   My attempt at adding more veggies to our meals. It was worth the change. It makes such a delicious sauce.  




 

  
Hawaiian Pork Chops
10 thick pork chops
2 tbsp. olive oil
 
Sauce
12 oz. ketchup (Heinz)
½ cup water
½ cup vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 small shallot
1 clove garlic
½ green pepper, diced
½ red pepper, diced
½ yellow pepper, diced
1 can crushed pineapple

2 cups white rice made as directed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the sauce first in a small sauce pan.   Sauté’ shallot, garlic and peppers for a couple of minutes.  Then add the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat to thicken. 

While the sauce is reducing, brown pork chops in a sauté pan.  Once browned, move to casserole dish arranged in a single layer.    Cover the pork chops with the sauce.  Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.  Do not over bake the chops they will dry out and get tough

Serve over cooked rice with a side of carrots or green beans.

Notes and swaps:
·         Try smoked pork chops or chicken thighs  instead of pork chops
·         You do not have to the peppers, shallots and garlic  to the sauce
·         Swap the brown sugar for white
·         Swap crushed pineapple for sliced or chunked if you like
·         Swap brown rice for white rice
·         Could add carrots to sauce as well

 




For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 

Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment