Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cookies For Our Enlisted Men and Women

Monster cookies are a great cookie to send through the mail as a gift or to sit and eat in the comfort of your home.  

They contain a number of yummy ingredients of which you can mix and match or change to your liking.   We have a peanut butter lover in the family.  So I was sure to include peanut butter baking bits.  But feel free to use, whatever you like: choc, peanut butter or butterscotch chips.  Want to really change it up try cinnamon chips. 

I like to use Pringles cans for mailing mine.  They fit just right and the large can, can hold anywhere from a dozen to a dozen and 1/2 of cookies.   Just remember to make them small enough to stack them up in the can.   I used my medium cookie scoop so that they would all be around the same size.

Don't be afraid to recycle other containers for shipping cookies too:  oatmeal boxes, potato stix cans, even plastic soda bottles can be used.

 
Monster Cookies


1 stick butter, softened
1 12-ounce jar  Jif creamy peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup M&Ms Semi Sweet Baking Bits
3/4 cup Hershey's Mini Peanut Butter Baking Bits
¾ cup unsalted Planters Dry Roasted unsalted peanuts
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup all purpose flour


Preheat the oven to 350°

In a large bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Slowly mix in the baking soda, oatmeal, and flour. Stir in the M&M's, peanuts and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. 

Notes:  I always do a couple of test cookies and time them.  I start out at 8 minutes check them.  If they are not done I then add 3-5 more minutes.    Once I figure out the time.  I then bake them by full sheets. 
 
I used the medium cookie scoop.  It took 12 minutes.   Smaller cookies will take less time; larger cookies of course will take more time.
 
 
Enjoy!


For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 

Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I make these too! Although now I make them with gluten free oats... Funny, the recipe I have from an old friend called for 1 tsp of corn syrup?? I always thought that was odd and figured I had enough sugar in it anyway so I'd leave it out. I see your recipe has 1 tsp of VANILLA! Makes sense. Mystery solved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn syrup serves different functions in different types of recipes and in products you purchase. It controls sugar crystallization in candy, prevents the formation of ice crystals in frozen desserts, enhances fresh fruit flavor in jams and preserves, sweetens and thickens relishes. Corn syrup balances sweet and sour flavor profiles, and is therefore a key ingredient in many Asian dishes.

    When brushed onto baked ham, barbecued meats, baked vegetables or fresh fruit, it is an ideal glaze. In baked goods, corn syrup holds moisture and maintains freshness longer.

    ReplyDelete