Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Friday, August 10, 2012

Salsa the night away

It's hard to find someone who doesn't like salsa. It is such a versatile recipe and can be used from appetizer to dessert depending on which ingredients you put into it. It is a great conversation starter and party take along.  

We rarely purchase salsa a store anymore. In fact the kids love to chop and make their own versions of salsa. One likes it less hot while the other child likes to see how hot we can stand it. 

I am sharing my recipe for Pineapple salsa, but to tell you the truth I use the same recipe for tomato salsa and corn salsa by swapping out the main ingredient.
 

 


Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients:
1 can pineapple chunks or one whole fresh pineapple (diced)
1 small red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno pepper , diced
2 tablespoons coriander leaves , chopped
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
Salt, to taste
drizzle of olive oil

Chop all ingredients to desired size. Place in serving bowl. Stir to combine. Let set for 15 minutes before serving.

Swaps: You can swap out the pineapple for, fresh diced tomatoes, peaches, mangos, or strawberries. You can also swap out the red onion for a shallot.

Additions: You can also add a can of drained and rinsed black beans or fresh corn cut off the cob or defrosted sweet corn.

Flavor enhancers: Try roasting the ingredients before chopping and mixing

Serve with chips or as a topping over baked fish, shrimp, scallops or chicken.

For dessert salsa, try using strawberries and cinnamon and sugar chips.





For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment