Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Saturday, January 28, 2012

To Stuff or Not to Stuff?


So I like to search web for recipes. The copy cat LeVain Chocolate Chip cookie is one of the best recipes I have ever tried for a chocolate chip cookie. Once I saw it on TV I searched and searched the internet until I found the original recipe that had been posted in the Times. Only to find it still had to be tweaked. Thank god for the DVR. This cookie does not flatten out when you bake it. It stays nice and plump. It texture makes your mouth water. It gets nice and crispy on the outside and stays oh so chewy in the center. It is a really nice cookie. A few days ago my daughter sent me a message on Facebook asking me to make her these S'more stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. Again, I searched the internet. I seen the stuffed cookie recipe floating around the web and was able to track it back to the Picky Palate. However, I had to try making these by combining the two recipes and experimenting with the item to be stuffed. You can look at the photos and judge for yourself how they might be. My family and friends enjoyed them immensely.

Stuffed Le Vain Bakery Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Yield- 1 dozen very large cookies)

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar – not packed
2 eggs
3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 cup walnuts toasted

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well incorporated.

2. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks and nuts.

3. Transfer dough to clean work surface and gently mix dough by hand to ensure even distribution of ingredients. Divide into 12 equal portions.

4. Place each on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven 16-23 minutes depending on how gooey you like the middles or until very lightly browned, taking care not to over bake. Let cool on rack and store what you don’t immediately eat, in an airtight container. Place a slice of bread in the container to keep them from getting hard.

Stuffing the cookie: Take one of the 12 balls of dough, break it in half and cover the stuffing of your choice. Place on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown.

Store in an airtight container and place a slice of bread in the container to keep the cookies fresh.


Chocolate Chip stuffed with a Peanut Butter Cup





Chocolate Chip Cookie stuffed with an Oreo




Chocolate Chip stuffed with a S’more








For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment