Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread

My Favorite Zucchini Bread Recipe



This recipe was given to me by one of my neighbors. After my husband and I got married we moved into a trailer on a piece of land his parents had given us. Across the street lived another couple who rented from our other neighbors, who were farmers. Long story short, she on occasion would bring us over homemade treats. This neighbor had two young children already and I would look after them as a neighborly favor. We would all take turns making extra when we cooked or baked and would often use the delivery of goods as an excuse to visit each other. It was a nice habit that she started and one I still continue to practice even though her family has moved away.


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
¾ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup walnuts, chopped and roasted (optional)
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (shaken in 1 tbsp flour, helps to prevent sinking)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. In mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add oil. In another bowl; mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture alternating with zucchini. Stir in walnuts, raisins and chips. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes or until it tests done. Remove and allow resting on rack for about 10 minutes before removing from pans. May be iced or served as is.


Notes and Swaps


  • You can add a cup of toasted nuts of your choice.
  • I sometimes swap out half of the zucchini with shredded carrots.





For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above



Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest

 Click this image to subscribe
Subscribe via Email
Join me on Google+
Join me on Google Plus



From the bottom of my heart.............. 





No comments:

Post a Comment