Crumb Topping (optional)
- Remember oven temperatures can vary. It is wise to check your bread at 55 minutes and
- Do not over mix the batter, it will make the glutens start to work and can make your bread tough.
- Keep checking until it is done. It is important not to overcook the bread. Over cooking will dry it out.
- If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
- I make extra crumb topping and keep it in the freezer in a Ziploc bag for use in the next recipe requiring a crumb topping.
- You could swap out the lemon flavor with orange juice and orange zest.