Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Monday, September 26, 2011

Whoopie! For Whoopie Pies.

What is better to cure a sweet tooth craving than a good old-fashioned Whoopie Pie?   The answer is: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.  There are all sorts of recipes  out there to use, I tend to try several different recipes and see which one I like the best.   This is the recipe I used for those in the photo below.  I did however make a few minor changes.  You decide which short cuts to follow.

I already had a can of Pumpkin Pie Filling so I used that instead of the pumpkin puree and spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg).  Secondly, I used a can of  whipped vanilla frosting for my filling.    Thirdly, I always do a test of 3 cookies to see how they will bake up.   These cookies should rise and look more cake like. The batter should be a thick creamy consistency.   If they spread to much I make them smaller.  If they don't rise enough I add 1/4 cup of self rising flour until I get the consistency I want.  

If this recipe doesn't work for you,  I suggest you do a Google search for a recipe of your choice.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies



Cookies:
11/2 cup Light brown sugar
3/4 cup Canola oil
2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
2 large Eggs
15 oz. Libby's canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
3 cup All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon Cloves, ground
1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
Frosting:
1/4 cup Unsalted butter, room temperature
4 1/2 cup Confectioners` sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix wet ingredients in order given on low speed with mixer.   Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.  Add by 1/4ths to wet mixture.   Do not over beat.   Drop by spoonful's onto parchment lined cookie sheet.   Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Times may vary depending on size of cookie.
To make the frosting beat cream cheese on low until smooth.  Add butter and mix until combined.  Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla.  Beat until light and fluffy.




For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment