Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Utica Greens w/Ricotta & Hot Capicola Ham

Still playing around with homemade Pizza.  Think I found my new all time favorite.

Utica Greens w/Ricotta and Hot Capicola Ham 

Utica Greens are a local dish made with Escarole, meat, Hot Cherry Peppers, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.   When I list meat as an ingredient it is because different places use different meats.  Some use prosciutto, some use pepperoni, others use ham ect.   You get the gest.   

I have been a big fan of Utica Greens and often order them for my meal rather than an appetizer.  Sometimes, I place an order to go so that I can use them in a recipe the next day.  My experimentation with greens has let me to placing Utica Greens, a meat, and mozzarella inside a pizza dough and making a Utica Greens Roll (like a sausage roll).   Sometimes, I use them to stuff a chicken breast before baking it.  Or I top a baked chicken cutlet with greens and mozzarella and melt it in the oven.  

Today it led me to a nice crispy Utica Greens Pizza.  It was awesome if I do say so myself.  I will definitely be making this again, again and again.  I really liked how the Hot Capicola got crispy on the top of the pizza and the spice from the greens and Hot Capicola was a nice heat.   

It is just my husband and I at home, so I tend to just get an extra order for takeout.  If  you do not live near Utica and want to make this you can google a recipe for Utica Greens. There are recipes all over the world wide web.   

Click on photo to open. Once open right click to save to your computer for printing later.




For more recipes click the button above




https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 





No comments:

Post a Comment