Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Monday, July 22, 2019

Turn Leftover Salt Potatoes into Parmesan Smashed Potatoes

What are salt potatoes?   You can see that recipe here: Salt Potato Recipe

Make an extra large batch of Salt Potatoes enough to have some leftover Potatoes.  General rule of thumb to make 2-3 salt potatoes per person if you are serving them as a side.  If you are making for just snacking 4-6 per person. 

On the first night I serve them as Salt Potatoes as a side to bbq ribs, steak or fish.   Then on the next day I sometimes make Parmesan Smashed Potatoes because the salt potatoes are a perfect size for smashed potatoes.


What  you will need to make Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Leftover Salt or reg boiled potatoes with the skins on
Olive oil to coat the potatoes
Parmesan Cheese
Pepper (they are already salty)
Fresh Herbs for garnish


To make smashed potatoes you need enough to have 2-3 person when serving as a side dish.   I place a generous amount of olive oil on the pan.   Roll the potato around in the oil and then take my potato masher and gently press it on the potato until it bursts.  Don't actually mash the potato.   Then I slide it over into a place on the pan and doe the rest.   When they are all oiled and smashed I sprinkle with pepper (they are already salty) and Parmesan.




 Place tray in oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and crispy like in the photo below.





Click on photo below to open recipe, once the photo is open right click and save to your computer for printing later.





For more recipes click the button above




https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 








No comments:

Post a Comment