Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Utica Greens Penne with Cream Sauce

Yes there is such a thing.  I just whipped up a batch with a small amount of leftover Utica Greens  (I know who has leftover greens), Pasta, heavy cream and chopped hot cherry pepper mix.

Everyone in my family loves Utica Greens.  It has become a standard dish in many area restaurants and at many functions in and around our area.   They are often sold as appetizers and come with crusty bread for sharing with others at the table (yes they are for sharing). 

I ordered an extra order to go this week so that I could try them on a pizza and to make this dish.   Both turned out exceptionally well and I can't wait to try them again with my family.


Utica Greens Penne with Cream Sauce

If you haven't tried Utica Greens you really should.  They are a combination of escarole, onions, pancetta, chicken stock, hot cherry peppers and their juice, bread crumbs and parmesan.    We prefer ours a little spicy.   You can make them as hot or not as you like. Of course you can omit the peppers when cooking it and allow people to add their own at the table.

When you add the greens to the heavy cream, the bread crumbs and cheese  mix with the heavy cream and make an exceptionally  delicious sauce.

I have not put together a Utica greens recipe, but there are many on the world wide web for you to google and choose from.


Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Click on recipe to open photo.  Right click on photo to save to your desktop for printing.






For more recipes click the button above




https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment