Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Shepard's Pie A recipe I mastered in 8th grade Home-Ec Class

 I remember being excited for finally getting to go to home-ec class where we would get to experience our luck at cooking, and sewing.  I learned that I was much better at cooking baking than at trying my hand at sewing.   

Our sewing class culminated in going to the store and picking out a simple pattern to make something.  We had a local five and dime store at the time that sold material, sewing supplies and numerous patterns.  After picking out the pattern, the material and special trim I went back to class to make a simple shirt which was fitting to times.   Although the shirt was wearable, I had difficulty with the thread breaking and not sewing evenly.   This theme seemed to continue with me whenever I tried to sew.  

Our cooking and baking class ended with a Buffet where we could invite one guest to attend from home.  Of course I invited my mother.  Each of us in the class got to make a dish that we had learned in during our 10 week course in home-ec.  Mine was of course Shepard's pie.   

The recipe contained several items that I liked and it was easy to make and remember the ingredients that went into it.   This recipe has stuck with me since the mid 70's and is a family favorite, tried and true.  Leftovers are great too!



For the recipe click on the recipe photo below. 

Click on recipe photo to open the photo.  Once open right click on photo to save to place of choice. 



For more recipes click the button above





https://www.facebook.com/BookOfKeepers











From the bottom of my heart.............. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment