Greetings...

Greetings...
Welcome to my little space in the world-wide web. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit down and enjoy your trek. I am not sure what brought you here, but I am glad you came. I hope you find something you like and come back often to visit. Be sure to sign up on the right to recieve all updates via your email.

Just a Pinch

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lobster Mac & Cheese

My first time at this recipe and it turned out great.   I am a big fan of lobster and I like mac and cheese as long as it isn't made with sharp cheese.   So, when I seen this on a recent episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives I thought wow that sounds yummy.  Of course they don't post recipes for everything so I jotted down the ingredients with no measurements and tried my luck at figuring out what might work.   Wah! La!  

Now I know some people will laugh that I use American cheese.  However,  I have to tell you, don't knock it until you try it.   It makes a great, creamy cheese sauce when added to a good béchamel sauce.    

It was a big hit with those that were fortunate to get a dish of it.

Lobster Mac & Cheese
 


3 cups shells/elbows or your favorite pasta shape
4 tbsp. Butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups whole milk
6-8 slices American cheese (I use Kraft)
2 oz. Munster Cheese diced small or grated
2 oz. Very Mild Cheddar Cheese (do not used aged, it will over power the lobster).
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 tsp. honey
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 lb. cooked lobster meat, chopped into chunks
1-2 tbsp. butter
¼ cup unflavored bread crumbs
 
Bring pan of water to boil.  Add salt and uncooked pasta.  Cook for eight minutes.   Drain.  In the meanwhile make Béchamel Sauce.   In small sauce pan melt four tablespoons of butter. 
Add pinch of salt and pepper to flour.  Stir flour into butter and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook out flour taste.   Stir in whole milk, bring up to temperature and then add the cheeses.  Stirring constantly until thickened and cheese has melted.    Place one cup frozen corn in microwave safe bowl.  Cook per microwave directions.   Stir in a small teaspoon of honey.     Stir drained pasta into cheese sauce.  Add corn  and then finally the lobster meat.   Butter a small casserole dish.  Dump in lobster mac and cheese. In small fry pan melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter, add the bread crumbs.  Toast until golden brown.  Sprinkle over lobster mac and cheese.  Place in oven heated to 350
° for 15-20 minutes.  

Notes:  
 
I found lobster already cooked and pkg. in the fish dept. at Price Chopper.   Just be sure to check the dates.   It was not frozen and the best part is….it was on sale.  

Do not use aged sharp cheddar cheese, the flavor will over power the lobster.   Use cheeses that melt easy and have a mild flavor.   








For more recipes, click the button below:

For more recipes click the button above
 


Follow me on Facebook
 
Or find me on Pinterest
Ma's Aprong Strings on Pinterest
 
 Click this image to subscribe
 
Subscribe via Email
 
Join me on Google+
 
Join me on Google Plus
 
 
 
From the bottom of my heart.............. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment